Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Check your head.

The new Beastie Boys CD is out today! Okay, it's not new, but a new version of Ill Communication. I think I read somewhere that a new Beastie album is due out later this year and I guess to keep the Beastie Boys from starving they're reissuing four of their albums. Paul's Boutique is out as a remastered 20th anniversary edition and Check Your Head and Ill Communication are now released remastered with an added disc of bonus content. The bonus discs have b-sides, remixes and live cuts. Some of the b-sides and remixes were already featured on the Sounds of Science but some are new songs. So if you are a die hard Beastie fan and already have the album plus Sounds of Science then you will have to get the remastered versions for the new songs. That is a bit cheap because there is no way I'm going to notice difference in sound quality between the old album and the new remastered version listening to it on my bookshelf stereo. I'd really like to hear some of these new songs and remixes though. An expanded version of Hello Nasty is due out in August too. Here is the plan between me, Mike and Cam we can each buy one of the albums and then copy the bonus disc for the other guys. And as long as the Beastie Boys or one of their lawyers read this it will totally work!


Just to prove to everyone that I'm not all into copying music and movies here is the proof. It's off a Malaysian DVD for a Hong Kong movie called The Nocturnal Demon. When I popped the disc in I got this screen which was giving me a big pat on the back for not buying a bootleg movie. I'm so special.

I haven't watched too many HK movies lately, so I figured it was time. The movie starts off with a taxi cab driver picking up a skanky ho in the rain. Once in the cab she starts wiping the rain of her cleavage then puts on a pair of lacy panties. She lights up a joint and the cab driver starts freaking out and pulls over the cab and pukes. The girl gets out and leaves. The driver pours lighter fluid on his gloves and starts smelling them. He chases down the girl, slashes her throat with a box cutter knife, makes out with her then urinates on her corpse. Did I mention it is a comedy?! I miss those wacky Hong Kong movies. The movie had some funny parts and a couple nice fight scenes that were too short, but I liked it. It's still better than most crap that hits theaters here unless it's a 3D movie with guinea pigs!

No comments: