Monday, February 29, 2016

Souped Up

With the release of Star Wars: The Force Awakens there were tons of product tie ins and promotions and all the cool ones weren't even available in Canada.  The States seemed to get the good stuff like cereal prizes and R2-D2 soup.  Yep, Campbell's did some Star Wars soups and I had been seeing pictures of them on Instagram for quite a while now.  I've been checking the soup aisle at various grocery stores off and on, but finally hit got lucky when I found these at Co-op last week.


While I didn't see the R2-D2 soup there were two different cans, Darth Vader and Yoda, but the contents are the same for both tins, pasta with chicken in chicken broth.  That just means it's chicken noodle soup.


There are four different pasta shapes, Stormtrooper, Darth Vader, R2-D2 and Yoda.


It sure looks delicious!


I'm just kidding, it doesn't look very good and doesn't taste very good either.  Even a R2-D2 noodle can't help.


I kept telling myself it was "healthy" because there were some carrots in it.  Really it doesn't have any nutritional value to it and I don't think 20% daily intake of sodium counts as something.  Now I don't want to eat my Vader can because it's not that good.  Now if I ever see the Vader can of Spaghetti-Os you know I'll be grabbing those!  Uh oh!

No comments: