Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Fakit & Bakit

Welcome to my first real Christmas post of 2016 and with today being December 20th, I bet you thought I was going to forget.  Shame on you!  In today's post I'm going to make a Christmas tree ornament despite not even having a tree to put it on.  I'll be making a Makit & Bakit ornament kit...or will I?


Yes, but not really.

I got this at Michael's when they were "buy one, get one free" and kept this one for myself and sent three more back with my mom to give to Avery to make for his Christmas tree.  I wasn't sure if he has the attention span to actually do one, but I'll find out in a few days when I go back to Cranbrook.

I would've gotten an actual Makit & Bakit kit, but they didn't have any at all.  Yes, I actually looked for them.  I bought some there a couple years ago, but all they had was this knock off one from Creatology.  If I finish the kit does that make me a Creatologist?



I do like the way the package the plastic chunks in resealable tubes.  It makes it easier for dumping them out or just just keeping them sealed when you aren't using them.  They also gave a picture of what the tree should look like, but for some dumb reason part of the tree is yellow.  Did it die, is that why it is yellow??  I made my tree all green because that what trees like look dammit.


Ready to go in the oven!


I was putting the cookie sheet in the over when I dropped it totally messing everything up.  For a second I considering baking it as is, but then decided I had to do it all over again.

I actually followed the instructions of putting in the over at 375F for 15 - 25 minutes, but even as the 25 minute mark it wasn't melted.  I let it stay in a bit longer and it wasn't melted.  I turned up the over to 400F and at the 54 minute mark it was ready and I took it out.  At least the original Makit & Bakit would melt when there were supposed to.

Then again upon reading the instructions after I already made it, they state to not use an air bake cookie sheet.  I don't know if my cooking sheet is an air bake sheet or not.  I looked on it and it doesn't even say.


I changed the colour layout of some the tree decorations after dropping it, but it turned out "okay".  It's not Cara good, but more like Cam good and that's good enough for me.  You'd think by now I'd be getting better at these things, but this time I blame it on the fact that it's not a true Makit & Bakit kit.  Also, now I don't have to worry about not having a Christmas tree because I just made one.  I'll hang it up or more likely just prop it up somewhere.  Merry X-Mas!

No comments: