Thursday, December 8, 2016

Lately

It's been a while, but I've been busy leading a boring life, so I haven't had time to write about everything.  This post is a catch up post with a bunch of small lame things aren't worth a post on their own.  Here we go!


This is our front door and done up Christmas like.  This was Cody's doing not mine because I would rather spend my money on stuff for me than some wreath.  I took picture back before it snowed and got super cold here.  It's -21C here right now and that is without the windchill.  You can't see it in the picture, but there are even little snowflake stickers on the window.

My mom had a meeting in Calgary on Tuesday, but came down on Sunday afternoon and we went shopping on Monday.  I actually got some Christmas presents, but still managed to buy some shirts and socks for myself.  We went for a quick trip to Ikea, probably the fastest my mom has ever been in and out of there.


In the upstairs area where everything is laid up and set up into little rooms so you can get a feel of how thing look there was a little storage bench filled with bran discs or rye bran crisps to be exact.  They are frisbee sized and if you were to eat one you'd need a pitcher to water to keep from choking to death.  I imagine eating straw to about the the same as these.  Anyway, above the pile of bran discs were a couple coat hooks mounted on the wall...


Somebody decided to impale the rye bran discs on the coat hooks.  It's an unorthodox decorating technique, but I appreciate the effort.  Sorry for the blurry picture, but the camera on my phone couldn't decide what to focus on with all those colours and patterns.

When I was back in Cranbrook last time Avery told me he wanted a set of drums and I was like, "I already got you a set of drums once!"  His mom got rid of the drums a while ago and while another set of drums is out of the question I did find these at Winners which are the next best thing.


I also got him a Kris Kross CD at the thrift store, so he can rock out to it with his new drum sticks.  Don't worry I'll get him something good.  I'm still looking for Young MC.

Later!

No comments: