Friday, March 31, 2017

NSFW: Graphic Violence!

I got around to watching the most violent and action packed animated movie of all time, FIST OF THE NORTH STAR.  I won't bore you with a recap or explanation of the plot as it's pretty basic.  I'll just skip straight to the screen caps.







I really saved the best for last.  I actually pulled that screen capture from the film's trailer, not the film itself.  It's obvious the film is violent and certain scenes altered using discolouration and blurring techniques to mask the gore.  While in the trailer the above scene is untouched, in the movie it is altered.

The movie also has some reinserted scenes that were cut from the original theatrical version.  The original theatrical movie had a restoration and is surprisingly clean and clear, but the altered scenes and cut scenes really stand out because they look so poor compared to the main movie.  It's very obvious and very distracting.  I get that scenes that were altered to help mask the gore, but the scenes that were put back in look like they were sourced from a third generation VHS bootleg.

Overall, I liked the movie despite the story wasn't that deep.  It's all macho hyper violence, and I can dig that.  It's a classic anime that belongs in my collection.

No comments: