Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Tacky Tiki


This totally 70's tiki candle craft kit was once going to be a post here on my blog, but I kept putting it off and then decided it was too much hassle and left it to collect dust in my basement.  I unearthed it going through some things and now it's going in the garage sale.  It can collect dust in someone else's basement.

I had bought it years ago when I found all that other 1970's craft junk for cheap at Chinook Hobby West.  It's cool because it's a tiki that you get make it yourself.  The box says it's easy to make, just melt the wax and pour in the mold.  Wow, that is easy!  Melting wax sounds like it could be messy, very messy.  I'm pretty sure you aren't supposed to melt it in a regular pot that you would normally cook food in.  Sounds like a trip to the thrift store for a one time use pot.  If anything does go wrong the results could be pretty disastrous, hot molten wax is something that should be treated with respect.  And I'm out all!


My Halloween lamp is going in the garage sale too.  Also, the hat goes with it, that is non-negotiable.   I told you this garage sale is going to be epic!

3 comments:

Cara said...

Hmm, it's really too bad we'll miss the epic garage sale. However, if you're looking to get rid of some of your 3D glasses, I would gladly take them off your hands.....

They're not for me, they're for my students. Really.

Keef said...

No problem Cara! I have a bag full of them, they're yours.

Cara said...

Sweeeeet! Thanks Keith!