Sunday, May 14, 2017

New tunes

I stopped by the thrift store just off Richmond Road because I hadn't been there in a while and also so I could go to the Vietnamese a few doors down and get a sub for lunch.  I didn't find much at the thrift store except CDs which are normally 50 cents each were on some kind of crazy sale and were 4 for $1.00.  If my math is correct that is only 25 cents each!

The best thing about CDs that cheap is that you buy just about anything and if it only has one song you like then it was still worth.  Also, for 25 cents you can buy a lot of guilty pleasure CDs you'd never pay full price or even half price for.  I got my four CDs, let me know how I did.


SHABBA!!  I had Shabba's "As Raw As Ever" on cassette back in tha day cuz that's how I rolled.  This album looks to be a compilation of remixes and such.


You know I already own this one, but it was easier to pay 25 cents for another copy than it is to actually find my original copy.  I'll just end up listening to it and then donating it back to the thrift store.

 The Blade soundtrack, mostly rap type stuff, but there is a Mantronik Vs EPMD song which is pretty cool.  Seems like every song is by an artist but then "features" anywhere from one to four additional guys.  The songs must be really good if it takes that many guys to make one.


You know I think I've actually even listened to Skunk Anasie aside from maybe catching a music video on Much back in the day.  I'm not even sure what they sound like, probably hard/angry alt rock is my best guess.  They seems totally 90's.  I think Cam might have this CD.

This Tuesday is the cheap CD and DVD day at the other thrift store.  I haven't been there in a while, so I'll probably go check it out since I still got some loose change.  I'll let you know if I find anything good.

No comments: