Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Warning: Graphic Content

I made it back to Calgary late this afternoon.  I went the north way again despite all the road work.  I was also ready for that damn bump again and it didn't get me a second time.  Willie is now in Calgary, but he went the south way.  Hopefully, it wasn't too windy, it was supposed to be pretty crazy on there yesterday.

I had been meaning on writing something on here since Sunday, but just kept forgetting.  I'm not sure how because it wasn't like I was busy or anything.  Turns out I did absolutely nothing for Sam Steele Days.  I skipped the parade, didn't even go into town really at all on Saturday.  My mom was actually in Toronto and was supposed to fly in on Saturday, but the weather was bad and they had a storm warning in Toronto, so her plane didn't leave on time.  It sat on the tarmac for an hour and a half before it was allowed to leave.  She missed her connecting flight from Calgary to Cranbrook, so she had to stay the night in Calgary.

I picked my mom at the airport Sunday morning.  Then we got groceries and went back home.  Once again I just hung out at home and did nothing.  Well not nothing, I spent the whole time going through boxes and trying to get rid of stuff.  I did manage to shave off four boxes of stuff from my pile in the basement.  In addition to the stuff I got rid of on Friday, I took another few bags of stuff to the thrift again on Tuesday.  I brought some toys back with me in hopes of taking it to Phoenix in hopes of cash, but will probably just get store credit.  I also dropped a bag of toys off for Eli.

On Monday, I met Willie for lunch.  I had to get him to test a VHS tape I found that had no label on it.  I was hoping it had an actual working copy of Psycho Killer Hermit Guy on it, but all it had was some kung fu movies I taped from Video Update rentals.  I dropped Willie off for work and still had a lot of time left so I went out to the Fish Hatchery, but you already knew that if you follow me on Instagram.  The mosquitoes almost killed me, but I survived...barely.

Tuesday I didn't do much again.  I met my mom for lunch then made another thrift store run and dropped off some more bags.  I only spent $1.50 on my way out!

Going back and forth into town from was kind of a pain because they are paving the roads up there.  The had started on Gold Creek Road and had done of the main artery roads and Monday they started paving 38th Ave which is the big long road.  Yeah, it's a short term pain, but the roads up there really needed it, so it will nice once it gets done.

When I at the Trout Hatchery I walked over to the fishing pond which in the trees and when I came out I was literally covered in mosquitoes.  I had like a big black swarm just following me around.  Of course a few got in car.  I got this one, but it looks like he got me first.

No comments: