Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Watch it

While I didn't get the Plate Buddy when I was Bianca Amor's I did get a new watch, a Transformers Optimus Prime watch.


Only three bucks!


I only wear watches that have a plastic or leather strap.  I can't wear a watch with a metal band because my hair arm gets caught in it.  Curse my hairy forearms!


Wait, what?  The watch comes off of the strap?


And transforms into Optimus Prime?!  No way!

The only reason I bought this is because it reminded me of the old school 80's watches which were like the exact same thing.  Back then they called "Kronoforms" and were even made by Takara, the Japanese company responsible for the Transformers.  Back in the day I even had one although I don't remember whatever happened to it.  Good news is that years later I found one at the thrift store still in the box!   It remains still in the box, although I think it may have been a knock off though.

My robot watch was one of these "Quartz" imitation versions and not the fancy Takara Kronoforms original.

Funny story is that last time I was back in Cranbrook I went to the Salvation Army and was looking at the watches in the display case and they had one of the robot watches in there.  I asked if I could have a look at the "robot watch", but the lady behind the case had no idea what the heck I was talking about because it was just a bunch of watches.  I pointed it out to her and when she passed it to me I removed the robot from the strap and transformed him into robot mode.  She was like, "It is a robot!"  Unfortunately, the robot didn't have a head, so I had to pass on getting it.

I will probably just give my new Optimus Prime watch to Avery or something.  Then he'll lose the robot part and be stuck with just a strap.

No comments: