Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Christmas In The Stars

It certainly feels Christmasy around here with the cold, all the snow and messed up roads.  Even though I'm not doing the advent calendar countdown I can still do something to get in the holiday spirit.  They started playing Christmas music at work weeks ago and I can't enough of it, so I'm listening to it at home now too.


This afternoon I listened to Christmas In The Stars, the Star Wars Christmas album from 1980 featuring the original cast of R2-D2 and Anthony Daniels as C-3PO.  Yes, that means C-3PO "sings" on the album and so does R2.  Chewie also does some guest vocals on a couple tracks.  I know because I listened to the thing.  It's about as bad as you would guess and twice as cheesy, but still way better than the Star Wars Holiday Special, which is something I wish I could forget I ever saw.


Not all the songs are bad, but if I had to pick a favourite it would have to be "Sleigh Ride".  "R2-D2 We Wish You A Merry Christmas" is so cheesy and stupid it's funny and the Wookie one at least has funny title.  Spoiler Alert: Later on in the album they decide to get him a brush.


I actually picked this up just over a month ago from Urban Sound for $10.  I cashed in one of my full stamp cards, so it was actually free.  When company comes over during the holidays I can pop in the fireplace DVD and this album in the background.  Perfect!  Merry Christmas and may the force be with you!

No comments: