Saturday, May 16, 2009

New BK Mustard Shots!

Even though it was my day off I had to go into work(for free!) for an hour to do some stuff. I'm glad I wasn't actually "working" because it was only 11pm and it was pretty busy. The weather was really nice so I guess since it is all nice and sunny outside that going shopping is the logical thing for people to do. Don't they know that sitting inside and playing video games and watching DVDs is what you're supposed to do! Sitting in the nice cool basement messing around on the computer is also acceptable.

After I got home Cody said he wanted to go to Burger King because the TV said they have Star Trek toys and glasses. We drove all the way up to BK in Crowfoot only to find out they had no glasses. Now I was forced to eat Burger King without the reward of a glass. Cody bought a couple toys, but they didn't have anything "cool" enough for me so I passed. I got the BK Shots again and this time I didn't even have to chew them because they slid on down due to copious amounts of mustard. I'll say this, "Not cool."

Right next to BK is a blockbuster and we went inside because Cody is wanting to track down a cheap copy of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare for the 360. He already has it on PC, so why bother? Anyway, all previously viewed DVDs were 30% off and I managed to find something I had been looking for awhile, The Adventures of Brisco County Jr: The Complete Series. I had seen this when it first came out on DVD and back then it went for $100 or more and now you can't even find it in stores. I haven't actually even seen it since it originally aired way back on FOX in 1993, but what I vaguely remember is that I liked it. Also, Bruce Campbell is in it. After the 30% off and taxes it was $47 which is pretty cheap for an 8 disc set. The slipcase is a bit scuffed up and it is missing the liner notes written by Bruce Campbell. The funny thing is that the set still had the Best Buy receipt tucked inside. I thought Blockbuster would have distributors and suppliers for their movies and not have to go to Best Buy to get their stock.


From top to bottom there is Brisco County Jr. A-Team seasons 4 & 5, MXC seasons 4 & 5, Angel season 3, Wonder Woman seasons 2 & 3, Venture Bros season 3, VR Troopers compilation disc, Power Rangers: Mystic Force complete series and finally Dukes of Hazzard season 7. These are all TV shows on DVD that I'm currently watching or haven't started watching. It is a lot but it also doesn't account for a couple anime TV sets I have and plain movies on DVD I have. We could probably cut off the cable and maybe I'd get through everything by the time the new TV season starts in the fall, but I highly doubt it. And I wonder where my money goes.

1 comment:

Cam said...

Cody just wants COD4 on 360 so that I can't run up on him and knife him in the face again. That was funny.