Saturday, March 15, 2014

3409 3815152/001

I actually went and watched a movie today...in the theatre even!  It's been forever since I've been to go see a movie, I think the last one I saw was G.I. Joe: Retaliation with Cody, Willie and Cheryl at the Columbia Theatre.  Yes, it's been that long.

It's not that there hasn't been movies I've wanted to go see, I just never went and saw any.  Hopefully, I will go see a few more as there are lots coming out soon that I want to see like Muppets Most Wanted, Captain America: The Winter Solider, The Raid 2, Amazing Spider-Man 2, X-Men: Days of Future Past, Godzilla, Guardians of the Galaxy, Expendables 3 and yes, maybe even Transformers 4.  If I do see all those movies I should start saving my money up now.


Cody and I saw the Lego Movie today and it cost me $15.99 for the 3D version at a matinee.  On top of that I bought nachos and a drink for $10.00 bringing the total up to $25.99.  I could've just waited and bought the 3D blu-ray for that same price when it comes out.  At least I got another pair of 3D glasses out of it.  They want you to recycle the glasses in the box provided as you leave the theatre, but if I'm paying $16 to see the movie then I'm keeping the damn glasses.

As for the movie itself, it was good, I liked it.  It gets my seal of approval and now that I've said that you can all run out and watch it.

After the movie we stopped by McDonald's so we could get shamrock shakes because Cody has never had one before.  Say whaaat??!  Since it's almost St. Patrick's Day and they are available for a wee time only, the clock was ticking.  Upon tasting the shamrock shake Cody said it tastes like being kissed by a thousand Leprechauns.  This sounds absolutely terrifying to me and my worst nightmare come true, but apparently this is something Cody associates as being good.  I don't even want to know.

1 comment:

Cody said...

Where there are a thousand leprechauns there are a thousand pots o' gold.