Friday, June 16, 2017

Gettin' paid

Today in the morning I went through more boxes, but I wasn't having as much as luck getting rid of stuff as I did yesterday.  After not finding much to get rid of I decided it was time to head up to Kimberley.

I went to Old Koots Vintage which is just off the backside of the Platzl opposite Burrito Grill and the Kimberley Thrift Store.  I had called a head to make sure it was okay to show up with a bunch of stuff and they said it was all good.

I showed up and had three boxes of stuff, one medium size box and two smaller boxes.  They looked through it a bit and asked what I was looking to get for it all.  I honestly wasn't even sure because I didn't know what stuff they wanted if any of it.  They asked what I wanted before even checking it all out, I just said "Sixty??" and the lady said okay and then I got paid.  I might have under sold myself, but the stuff is gone and I got some extra cash.

Since I was there I walked around the store a bit and got this Gremlins book and record set.



It's hard to see, but there is tiny $10.00 tag on the bottom right hand side.  That price seems a bit high to me, but they only charged me $2.50 for it, so that more like it.

Since the thrift store is right across the street I had to go in and have a look and ended up spending $1.50 there.  First up, I got this German Bruce Le VHS tape.  Looks kinda neat, but that's about it.


I also got this bag of toys for $1.00.


The toys are pretty much all crap toys, all stuff from fast food kids meals.  For whatever dumb reason there are even empty Kinder Surprise toy capsules in there.


Also, there was this ear piece mixed in the toys, but that is what every kids wants and needs.


I'm sure you are wondering why I even bought that bag of junk toys.  Well, I bought it just for this dirty old scuffed up Star Wars dude.  He was worth the $1.00 and the rest of the stuff is now headed straight back to the thrift store.



Even though I got $60 from my junk at Old Koots, I'm down to less than $20 and I'll probably just end up spending that tomorrow was the Farmer's Market.   Easy come, easy go.

I also went to AABCO once I got back to Cranbrook because I'm looking for a VHS/DVD recorder combo unit.  I already have a VCR and a DVD recorder, but it would be a lot easier if they were in one unit instead of two separate units.  It's just less work and less wires.

As I went to go inside I noticed they had a big "No Smoking" on the front of the door and I thought, "Damn, it's about time".  But soon as I went inside, it still reeks of cigarette smoke.  They got a new cat working there and every time you walk by him or he walks by you, he meows at you.  He's cute, but probably smells like smoke like the rest of the time.  While I looking at DVDs I saw some lady who was working there just light up and smoke a cigarette.  I guess the "No Smoking" sign only applied to customers.  I ended up buying a few movies and then left to go straight home and scrub the filth from my hands.  Whenever I come out of the place I feel like I need a shower.

I'm sure what's happening Saturday.  Maybe the parade and the Farmer's Market and possibly the burrito truck.

No comments: