Monday, February 25, 2008

Richards & Fitch

Last week I pimped Cam's pimping of Audio Surf. This week I'm pimping a CD I've been meaning to write about for a few weeks now. Anybody reading my blog knows or has at least heard of Todd Hilborn aka Todd Smith aka Bobby Richards. Bobby has teamed up with Reno Fitch to release an acoustic folk album title "A Couple of F Holes".

I'll admit most of the music I'm listening to is pop, rock, punk or a combination of those. Acoustic folk isn't a genre I listen to much, but I really did enjoy A Couple of F Holes. Bobby Richards writes all the songs as well as plays guitar and sings on the album. Move over Slash! All the kids will be throwing away Guitar Hero and picking up Mandonlin Hero in hopes of becoming the next Reno Fitch. The music is good and I haven't heard a lot of mandolin before, but I like it. The lyrics are smart and funny too, you'll be listening carefully so as to not miss anything.

The CD has ten tracks and my favorite songs are Guitario, Who Stole My Gloves, and Stockboy to Satan. I remember Todd, er I mean Bobby, playing Stockboy to Satan years ago when he was living in Bankview. The overall CD quality is really good. I've got albums from bands on record labels that have crappy sound and cheesy packaging. A Couple of F Holes sounds great and the packaging is nice too. Even the case is a clear CD case, not one of those cheap ones with the black backer.

What I really wanted to say was, "This is a good CD, so buy it." but I thought I owed Todd a few more sentences than that. I tried to hype it up, but I'm not that good at it. Check out Richards & Fitch's MySpace page to hear a few of the songs on the album. If you like it you can buy the CD online from CD Baby. If there is one other reason why you should buy the album, then you should know that Todd has a wife and kids to feed. Not that I'm guilting you into it or anything.

No comments: