Wednesday, August 6, 2008

I got something in my eye.

This afternoon at work a guy was in from Display Fixtures (refrigeration repair/maintenance) to look at the ice machine in the department. Apparently, somebody said the ice machine chute needed work or cleaning or something. He asked me about it and I said they always think it's moldy, but it's just calcium build up. We went back to chute and he was under the chute looking up saying he can't see anything. He gets out of the way so I can have a look. I get under there and look up to see what's going on. Little did I know the guy had sprayed a bunch of degreaser cleaning agent up the chute a few minutes earlier. Of course when I looked up a single drop of degreaser falls down right under my glasses and directly into my eye!


Funny story is that ever since the store was built like 10-12 years ago or whatever there hasn't been an eyewash bottle station in the department. Lucky for me they installed one last week! I got to be the first one to try it out and it even works too. It stung pretty good and turned my eye instantly bloodshot red. I flushed it out for a minute and it started to feel better. Then I had to fill out an accident report on myself.

Even though my eye was feeling better I decided after work to go see the optometrist just in case. I don't want to wake up Thursday morning with my eye falling out. The doctor said my eye had some superficial surface irritation which means I'm gonna live!! She did give me some eye drops to keep my eye moist. I'm not one to be touching my eyes which is why I don't have contacts, I've never even given myself eye drops before. So at home I'm trying to put the eye drops in and I'm blinking or missing my eye altogether. It's pretty stupid or I'm pretty stupid...whichever. After a few tries I manage to get a drop or some of a drop in there. The doctor said my eye should be fine tomorrow and I hope it is because we're planning on going to see The Dark Knight at the IMAX. I'll be needed both my eyes to see the HUGE screen!

Did you like my picture up there? It's totally fake suckers! I just made my eye look red with my amazing MS Paint skills. I'm getting good. It's also a blooper of sorts because I made the left eye appear red when it was my right eye that got the stuff in it. Oops.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh that's not good,
at least you got your eye degreased though.

eyedrops suck, I always blink too, you have to sneak up on your self..