Thursday, November 6, 2008

Made it.

I made it back to Cranbrook and the roads were fine. Turns out Calgary had the most snow and the roads there were just wet. The good thing about driving back on Wednesday means the roads are pretty empty. It was a boring drive.

In Fernie the weather was really overcast with low laying clouds and a bit of fresh snow on the ground and it was kinda dark, making everything look black and white. Up on the hill they were burning some slash piles from logging and the flames were huge, like over the tree line. With everything looking so drab and dark the bright flames looked really cool. Yeah, fire, yeah!

I think there is an election or something in Cranbrook coming up. Driving into town on the strip there are elections signs literally every five on the side of the road. It totally looks like crap, but then again it's Cranbrook, so that's the norm.

My parents old Sony TV finally died, so they replaced it with a new Sony Bravia 42" LCD. I was watching regular cable on it and regular cable looks ugly. They hadn't hooked up the DVD player yet, so I had to go down to Wal-Mart and get a HDMI cable. Before I left Calgary I stopped by Best Buy and picked up the new Futurama movie, Bender' Game, which is good so check it out. I watched Bender's Game on the new TV and it looked pretty sweet. The colours were really bright and it was widescreen! Although the aspect ratio of Bender's Game is only 1.78:1 so there still was some black bars on the TV.

When I went down to Wal-Mart to get the cable I had to take my mom's new Toyota Matrix because my dad parked behind me. It's not brand new, but a couple years old. It's weird driving a car you don't know for the first time especially when it's dark out and you can't figure out how to turn on the headlights. The automatic gear shift isn't on the floor or on the steering wheel column, but kinda mounted on the middle of the front dashboard. It takes some getting used to.

That's it, I'll fill you with all my other exciting finds.

No comments: