Saturday, November 8, 2008

Made it...back.

I'm back in Calgary after an exciting few days in Cranbrook. Did I say exciting? That's not right! Cranbrook is the usual. 10th Avenue is all fixed up and by fixed up I mean new sidewalks and road which actually sits lower than adjoining streets. When I was back I even went in OJ's Antiques and he still has some of the same crap he had 15 years ago. Giant Tiger is your one stop shop for all your novelty t-shirt needs. I picked up another one for myself that says "I know talent when I see it and you don't have it" and I got one for Cody that says "I heard you the first time". Cody's shirt was $3, but I had to shell out full price for my shirt at $5.97. At those prices they're pretty much disposable. Buy them, eat some dinner, wipe your mouth with them, throw them in the garbage.

The drive back was pretty quiet, even for a Saturday. I went the north route and didn't really experience any traffic until I hit Hwy 1 at Canmore. Going through the park I nearly ran over some critter, but totally swerved at 90km/h missing him. At first I was like "That squirrel is HUGE!" Then as he ran right at my car I realized it was a squirrel, but whatever it was it's lucky to be alive. It was a raccon because it all brown, I'm still not sure what it was.

In other critter news the deer in and around Cranbrook are still a pain in the ass. It's a slalom course on the road going into town from my parents house. The other day I drove up and got out the car and there is a deer in our front yard just staring at me. I yelled at it and then it just went back to eating grass. Then I let the dogs outside and Shadow chased it away. My parent's are looking after my brother's dog, Shadow, because dogs aren't allowed on his current jobsite. My parent's dog, Aspen, doesn't even bother to chase the deer anymore, she's given up on it. They're so many and they just come back anyway.


No comments: