Saturday, July 24, 2010

Clearance!

Remember back when I posted about getting some vintage 80's glow in the dark and cap action car sets from Chinook Hobby?  I was driving by there today and noticed on their sign that they had a new clearance section now open, so I had to stop and look.  You can go upstairs where everything is marked down on models, train stuff, cars, and action figures.

They had the little DC Universe figures for 99 cents each as well as Indiana Jones and Star Wars figures for $1.99.  They even had original 80's Go-Bots models kits available in singles and a four pack.  They weren't snap-tite kits, so they required glue and skill, so I had to pass.  I did end up getting some more cars though!

The cars ranged from old 80's vintage stuff to new stuff like Fast and the Furious and were also all different scales.  I got Cody this Joker van which is die cast at a 1/48 scale.   You can totally tell it's the Joker's because there is a sticker on him right on the side, also he is driving it.  The van itself is built pretty solid and surprisingly heavy.  If you beaned someone in the head with it you'd probably drop them...multi-purpose.



I picked up Avery two different cars.  Last time I got him a sound and lights car, but since it was from 1984 the battery was dead.  I made sure not to get anything with batteries this time.  I got him the Matchbox crane set which seemed cool at the time and it says right on the box "BATTERIES NOT REQUIRED".  I still should've read the box more careful as the truck in the picture isn't even included in the set.  Now I have to go back to get a truck.


I also got him this Italian made 1:25 scale die cast car and I not even sure what the hell it is.  It looks flashy and the body is die cast while the frame and wheels are plastic, so it will probably take him at least ten minutes to break it.  The doors also flip up.


Finally, I did manage to get myself a car.  The coolest most bad ass car from the 70's (other than the Gremlin), a 1977 AMC Pacer X! 


They had a couple boxes of the Matchbox glow in the dark launcher sets, so if you are still interested then let me know.  Mike?

No comments: