Saturday, January 28, 2012

Leftovers Part Deux

I was looking at the pictures on my camera's memory card seeing if I had anything for a blog post.  I still have a few things on there I still haven't gotten around to writing about yet.  On a trip back to Cranbrook in summer 2010 I took a walk out behind my parent's house and took my camera with me.


This is the trail that leads from behind the house to the powerline.  Remember how many trees there used to be?   They're gone now!  They did some logging behind the house and around some around the Southstar trails, so everything looks crappy now.  Thanks!  That trail looks totally different with all the trees gone, some parts I don't even recognize.


Lots more smaller trees have grown in on the powerline though.  I'm surprised nobody has cut them all down for Christmas trees yet.


Wild strawberries!  Too bad they are so small.  If you were lost and all you had to eat were wild strawberries you would probably die because you'd expend more energy picking them then what you would get from eating the puny things.  I still ate it, but it gave me a kidney stone.


The little pond and creek are still there.  I was up there this August (2011) and it was dry and there was no water and no strawberries.


It still makes a good spot for dogs to cool off in.


Gross, a bug!  This guy was digging a hole and it looked pretty funny as he was tossing little dirt bits out of his hole.  The still photo doesn't do him justice.


Then back at my parent's I took this picture of the toad that lives under the carport.  I may have used this picture before, but even if I did you can enjoy it again.  He's just that cool.

1 comment:

mike said...

If you went further you would see that they logged the back of moose creek loop.. but that's pretty far to walk.

I worked back there once, But by then I was measuring all the trees that were coming back in.

Was the sweet jump still there on your parents trail? the one were you could be a wuss and stay left or go right and jump over the rockpile>?