Sunday, April 29, 2012

EXPwnd

Spring is in the air and it's that time of year.  Yep, it's time for the annual Calgary Comic & Entertainment Expo!  They got a lot of cool guests this year including the primary cast of Star Trek: The Next Generation.  Apparently, this is the first time they've all been together at one event since the show went off the air, so it's a big deal.  They also got Stan "The Man" Lee!  This year they seemed to hyping most of the movie and TV guests instead of the comic book guests with the exception of Stan Lee.

Of course I wanted to see Stan Lee, but I also wanted to see Archie artist/writer Dan Parent, artist Adrian Alphona, local artist Fiona Staples, Ty Templeton, Joseph Linsner, Jim Cummings voice of Darkwing Duck, Katie Cook and Futurama megastars Billy West and John DiMaggio.  I got up this morning and got ready and grabbed my bag which was packed with goodies to get signed.  The doors opened at 10am and I got there about 10:25 am and the line up to get inside went outside the building and must've been at least two blocks long.  Then I went home and played some BF3.

Are you shiatting me?  The doors were open for 25 minutes and the line was still freakin' huge.  It was just idiotic.  I knew it was going to be busy, but there is nobody on the planet I would want to see that bad to have to put up with that.  I'm old and I have no patience for anything anymore.  Over at the website there is a little thing about people getting turned away and denied entry on Saturday by the Fire Marshall.  It sucks, but I didn't go and probably won't ever be going back.  Oh well.

Update: Check out this link I found on the Calgary Herald website about the huge crowds.  Read some of the comments.  Looks like a lot of unhappy people.

No comments: