Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Collage degree

I didn't throw any pine cones at squirrels today, instead I visited all the Cranbrook hotspots with Willie.  It took twenty whole minutes.  We saw famous Cranbrook landmarks and went to the Hospital Aux, Wal-Mart and Liquidation World aka LW.  Willie calls it "LDub" because he's gansta like that.

It also gave me a chance to take a few pictures and try out some free collage apps I downloaded on my phone. I used Photo Grid and PicCollage and while they both make collages, the results were a little different.


This one was made with Photo Grid and I like it because it separates the pictures into panels and you can choose from many different layouts with only two pictures up to multiple pictures.  You can add effects and change the border color or pattern.  I didn't like that the program saves the final picture so small.  If you click the picture you'll see the full size picture.  Needs to be bigger.


In the layout on PicCollage your collage isn't as organized as on Photo Grid.  You get a background and then add/layers where ever.  You can resize them, rotate them, add effects, etc.  The app is free, but it comes with only a basic effects set.  If you want additional effects for your pictures, then it's gonna cost you money.  The size of the final saved image is larger than Photo Grid, but still needs to be larger.  Again, click to see the full size image.  Also, there should be an option to add text to the collage.

Looking at the final products PicCollage looks a little more slick than Photo Grid, but I'm not sure which one I prefer.   What do you guys think?  When I come back me and Willie might make a trip up to Kimberley, so plenty of more collage opportunities are in the future. 

Here is one picture that didn't make the cut.  I guess Willie had gone over to Scarff HQ, but that was last week.  Willie never gives up and decided to wait it out even though obviously no one was home.  Don't worry, he's okay.  Someone needs to mow the lawn though.

4 comments:

mike said...

huh, Dad must have forgotten to turn on the security lazers..

Keef said...

Mike, the ground based laser grid was rendered inoperable by the overgrown lawn. The other systems were easily by-passed. They need to upgrade their security.

Willie had a good idea of pretending to play soccer, but we didn't have a soccer ball on hand. Too bad.

Cam said...

Hey my parents got back from camping tonight, in a couple days they should have some goodies for your to pick up. You should give them a call and stop by before you head back to Calgary.

Keef said...

Goodies? Oh yeah! I will probably stop by on Monday because that's the only day I'll have time!