Thursday, August 30, 2012

It's just what I wanted, how did I know? Thanks me!

When it comes to Star Wars, and I'm talking about the good Star Wars movies here, one of the all time favorite bad guys is Boba Fett.  He was just so badass and cool, but when you look back he didn't really do anything except stand around and then in the end he went out like a little bitch.  Of course that didn't stop me from buying a vintage Kenner Boba Fett 13.5" figure.


I'll spare you the gory details like how much it cost, but it's an early birthday present to myself.  When it comes to my birthday and Christmas I always end up spending money on myself just to make sure I get the really cool stuff I want.  I can count on something like socks for a Christmas gift, but not something like a vintage Boba Fett.

I picked this up at Phoenix Comics and they had a few other Star Wars characters of the same size like Han Solo, a Stormtrooper, and Darth Vader.  I already got a Han Solo remember?!  The good news is that my Fett is 100% complete and in pretty decent shape.  He comes with gun, cloak, jet pack w/rope and Wookie scalps.  The Wookie scalps are the braided hairs he wears over his shoulder.


Here is shot of jet pack which can be removed, the thrusters on the side can be rotated and there is a cord wrapped around the bottom.  Note there is a small hole in the right side of his helmet.


You can look through hole in the back of the helmet for a Boba Fett POV.  I'm not sure what the point of this is other than a gimmick.  If they had at least put a cross hairs in there or even made it tinted like you are looking through an actual visor it would've been cooler.


I had already picked out a few small things, so when I went to pay for everything Kyle threw in a freebie in the form of a mini vintage 3 3/4" Fett.


Imagine all the hijinks these two guys will get up to!

5 comments:

Cam said...

Uh, Boba Fett followed the Millenium Falcon to Cloud City and then took Han to Jabba to pick up some madd $pacebuxx, it's not like he didn't do anything.

mike said...

I still remember getting super excited and saving my 'garbage-quarters' to get R5D4 at Kmart.

Then when we got there and I had my money ready the didn't have any R5D4 and I got a lame Weequay instead.

THE END.

Keef said...

Sorry to hear about your bad Weeqay experience Mike. You should have gone next door to Toys and Wheels.

Cam you will be glad to know that Fett actually escaped the Sarlacc and went to be the badass we all we knew he was. It was in a book or something.

mike said...

I think Toys&Wheels was too many quarters.

Cara said...

Mike,
You must have earned a lot of garbage quarters when you lived in Cam's garbage room! Maybe even enough for Toys & Wheels?!?