Sunday, June 12, 2016

Stuff and more stuff

This is one of those posts where I just toss in some short random ramblings to make a longer filled out post.  Enjoy!

I was at Wal-Mart the other day and I went to the nice quiet one, not the trashy one in our area.  I went to the toy section just have a look and while I didn't buy anything I did see some cool stuff.


Mattel has released some new Hot Wheels including a movie and TV line as well as Gran Turismo.  The movie/TV cars have been available for a little while now as last time I was back in Cranbrook Willie bought Ecto-1 from Ghostbusters.  I heard there is a Mystery Machine, but haven't seen it yet.


Oh cool, Star Wars!  First it was Nerf Star Wars dart guns, now it's Nerf Star Wars Super Soakers.  At least you don't have to worry about losing darts with a Super Soaker.  Plus its cheaper!

As I'm packing up my stuff I'm trying to keep similar things together to help with finding them when I need them later.  I have a box of "Gadgets" which has electronic stuff in it and while looking through a box of books I found my old 8mm camcorder tapes.  I took them out to put them in my "Gadgets" box.  Cody just happened to have his camcorder out, so I decided to have a look through the tapes.


When I brought my tapes back I never looked through both of them, Cody looked through one but said there was no Psycho Killer Hermit Guy or Marionette Massacre on them and at the time I took his word for it.  This turned out to be a case of the old "if you want something done right, do it yourself".  I checked one tape it has a bunch of stuff on it including Marionette Massacre!  

The tape is packed with stuff, it fills the entire two hour tape.  It starts out with footage from the grad BBQ Cam had in his backyard.  It is all very embarrassing.  Then there is some snowboarding contest entry or something Jeff made, which I'm thinking about transferring for him.  Then there is just some weird stuff of us messing with a strobe light, running around at my house in the snow, and then doing some talk show.  But after all that garbage Marionette Massacre finally shows up, and it's all there too.  We filmed it in chronological order, so at least editing shouldn't be to bad.  There is also a set of cheesy homemade titles as well.  Although I'm not too sure when or even if this will end up as a completed film...we'll see what happens.


Back to Star Wars!  I ate my other Star Wars Kinder Surprise and my prize was the Princess Leia/Tantive IV toy.  Unlike the Yoda one, I actually had to assemble this one, although it wasn't much of a challenge.  


Yep, I did it, I should treat myself to another Kinder Surprise!

No comments: