Monday, June 27, 2016

What a load!

If you follow my Instagram (thank you Mike!) then you saw a picture I posted week of a weird candy bar.  I bought it at Dollar Tree when I was in Cranbrook and I bought it because it was definitely different and I liked the name of company.


I like Reese Peanut Butter Cups, so I was intrigued by the idea of peanut butter and jam cups.  Reese cups are chocolate with peanut butter flavour inside, but these are a peanut butter flavoured chocolate/wax with jelly inside.  I like the idea, but dislike the taste.  There is also a strawberry jelly version.

The name "Megaload" is pretty funny, unintentionally funny, but doesn't really seem to suit a candy company.  I checked out their website and they look like a candy company whose candy you'll only ever find in dollar stores.  They also seem to really like peanut butter cups as they have a whole line of them with various other candy piled on top.  Despite my better judgement the peanut butter cup with a chocolate chip cookie on top does look good.  I'll reserve judgement until I eat one.  Time to go back to Dollar Tree!

No comments: