Sunday, August 13, 2017

I didn't bring any socks

Running a bit late here as I'm on vacation and in Cranbrook right now.  I actually came back last Wednesday and meant to post on here that I was planning on going back, but thought I'd wait until I got to BC to do it.  Then I didn't.  On Thursday we went over to Kootenay Lake and we drove back into Cranbrook this afternoon.

On Thursday we took the round about way to the lake and went up the Creston/Salmo Pass and through to Castlegar. On the way there was passed Shabadoo or Shambala or whatever that music festival is called.  They actually had traffic control at the entrance with flaggers and you had to reduce speed.  I bet they were we checking vehicles for marijuana, like if you didn't have they would give you some.

We stopped in Thrums to see the place my brother and his girlfriend just bought.  It actually has two house on the property, the larger one they rent out and the smaller one they are fixing up for themselves.  The large house is total time warp back to the 70's, the smaller one needs a lot of work too, but at least it's small.  Its also right off the highway, so it's loud and there are train tracks.  I hope they got it cheap!

After that we went to Nelson and walked around downtown a bit.  It was very "diverse".  After that we caught the ferry and went to the cabin.  It was pretty smoky and today when we left it started raining which is probably good because they need it.

I'm back in Cranbrook for a couple days and don't really have any plans.  I need to go to Pages and Tuesday I'll see Willie.  We'll probably go for lunch and hit up some thrift stores.  I need to find a 9V power supply and I know the Hospital Aux has a big wall of electrical stuff.

I also mentioned on my Instagram that I went geocaching and while I was sitting in front of the TV here in Gold Creek I opened the app, which is simply called Geocaching, and got this map.


The blue dot is me at the house and all the green dots below it are geocaches all over the South Star Trails.  That's a lot!

No comments: