Monday, August 14, 2017

Memories...

I was going through some of my boxes looking for a DVD that I wanted to get rid of, but I couldn't find it.  I looked in one box and found the EDGEfest '98 program guide hiding inside a bag at the bottom.  The one thing I remember most about that weekend is mainly Willie not putting on sun screen and then getting cooked like a lobster.


I gave the thin magazine a quick flip through which has short band write ups and a lot of ads inside.  When I hit the page with Sloan on it I discovered I had gotten the page signed by the band!


Pretty sweet.  I know I also had them sign my ticket stub which is somewhere in a box.  I totally forgot that I had this program signed, so it was nice find.

 I also found some other miscellaneous letters and stuff I had gotten in the mail including a letter from Virgin Music Canada and the band Pluto.  It was promoting their new album at the time, "Shake Hand with the Future".  I got a letter with a bunch of tour dates(all out East) plus two stickers.  Fun fact, send me stickers and I'm your new best friend.


You'll notice the bottom of the letter has all the band members names and signatures, yes signatures.  Those are printed facsimiles, they band actually signed the letter.  That was pretty cool they did that.  I wonder how many of those letters they sent out?

I also found an envelope from Handsome Boys Records and Rusty, but unfortunately there wasn't much it in, certainly not any stickers.  The letter I got from Exan and YTV News is in there too.  That's the one where I got the free Nirvana "From the Muddy Banks of the Wishkah" single/promo CD.  Cam is still cheesed over that one.

2 comments:

WiLL said...

Man oh man! The memories of Edgefest! Worst sunburn ever. My forehead was peeling for WEEKS. Not talking little flakes either, I'm talkin chunks of dead skin that would make Goldmember drool.

Keef said...

Well I hoped you learned a valuable lesson of using sunscreen! SPF 1000!!