Monday, January 8, 2018

Yes, I'm still here

I didn't realize it had been so long since my last post.  I just kept putting it off and then I realized it had been a couple weeks.  Oops.  Anyway, I haven't even been on my laptop that much and it was four days after I came back from Christmas break to even turn it on.  I'll try and give a brief wrap up of everything that's happened since.

My Christmas break was pretty quiet and cold.  My mom was sick with a cold and then Julie and Avery left on Boxing Day to go to a hockey camp.  Willie and I went and checked out all the sweet deals on Boxing Day, I got a movie and a Star Wars Nerf gun.  We also went to the Ice game the night before I left.

The weather in Cranbrook was cold, but not as cold as Calgary.  Haha, Cam!  It was sometimes sunny and didn't snow until the day I left...of course.  It was cold, so the snow was very light and wasn't coming down very hard.  On the drive back I got held up just before Hosmer from what I figured was probably an accident.  We sat there for quite a while and I considered turning around, but decided to stick it out.  I even pulled out my phone because I knew there was a traffic camera at Hosmer, so I had a look to see nothing but cars sitting on the road.  Damn.  Eventually we slowly got moving and things picked up after the accident site which was probably a few kilometers down the road.  The traffic was backed up the other direction as well, in fact all the way to Sparwood.  I'm pretty sure the line behind me went all the way to Fernie as well.  I should've been home at around 3pm, but after sitting on the highway and some slow going after that I didn't get to Calgary until 5:30 pm.  Yeah, it sucked, but at least I made it back.

Since coming back I haven't done much but work and sit around.  I did get something that will be featured in an upcoming post though.  I'll also try and finish the Star Wars Advent Calendar at the end of the week as well.

No comments: