Thursday, September 25, 2008

New music

It finally dawned on me that I hadn't changed the music player for a while, so decided I better get on it. It's easier than making an real post. I couldn't really decide what to put up, then I got a Pointed Sticks live CD in the mail a few weeks ago and decided to go with the awesome but little known Pointed Sticks.

The Pointed Sticks formed in 1978 in Vancouver and released a few singles and the album "Perfect Youth" but then disbanded in 1981. Sudden Death records re-issued "Perfect Youth" and a singles, outtakes, rarities album called "Waiting for the Real Thing." The reissues have sold pretty well in Japan and the band reunited to play shows in Vancouver, Toronto, New York, Japan and more recently the power pop festival in Austin, Texas. If you read anything about the Pointed Sticks they are usually referred to a new wave, but they seem a bit poppier I guess. Maybe because they had an organ? That is the abridged Pointed Sticks history. They are pretty cool, so check them out and support some Canadian musicians although it is like 28 years too late.

No comments: