Monday, September 1, 2008

Our crap shack just got crappier!!

Yeah, I got back to Calgary on Saturday and meant to do a post, but I got lazy. I came back and worked Sunday and then I got the holiday Monday off. This would be cause for celebration except they are putting new windows in all the units and Monday they were doing our windows! I don't know why they couldn't do this before we moved in. So we had to move everything away from the windows and take down any window coverings because if we don't and stuff gets broken it's our own damn fault.

This really screwed me up because I was planning on sitting around watching DVDs and playing Buffy and Black on the Xbox. Now I can't because we had to move the TV out from the window. So I spent the whole day pretty much doing nothing. I walked over to Canadian Tire and bought a duster and went to Home Outfitters and bought a pepper grinder or mill or whatever they're called. That took about half and hour. I wanted to buy this huge wooden pepper mill that was like a foot and a half tall. I mean you could beat someone to death with this thing, it was massive. The $30 price tag was a bit steep, but really you are getting a pepper mill and a baseball bat. I settled for the $13 pepper mill which isn't as cool but it still grinds pepper.

I went to Phoenix Comics and as I was walking by the dumpster I saw that they had thrown out some records and a stereo! They put the stereo on the ground by the dumpster probably so if someone wanted it they could just take it. It was a bookshelf sized stereo and I think it had a record player on it too. I considered taking it, but noticed it was a Memorex brand and then thought it would be best not to. It's not like I actually needed it or anything.

Back to the windows! I got home at like 2:30pm just as the guys we started working on the windows. I mean like generic "guys" because they weren't professionals or anything. I mean they took out the windows and put in the new ones. They didn't level or shim the new windows, they just put them where the old ones were and screwed them in. Plus they're not even sprayed foamed in the gaps between the window and the wall. I'm also wondering who is going to fix the drywall, paint it and put up new trim? Damn, it looks so ugly. I guess it's still not done yet as they still have one more window to install which will be done Tuesday. Hopefully, they'll clean up the ugly and spray foam the void around the sill or we will be freezing to death come winter.

I just want to watch TV again and shoot things...

No comments: