Saturday, December 27, 2008

Oh joy.

After taking a Christmas break in Cranbrook I'm back in Calgary. Yes, I made it. When I drove back to Cranbrook the roads were pretty good, but not so much on the way back. From Cranbrook to Fernie they were pretty crappy and snow covered, and from Wardner all the way to Fernie they weren't even plowed. Luckily they got better after Fernie and after the Crowsnest Pass it was smooth sailing all the way back to Calgary. The weather warmed up around the Pass, so the roads were wet and here in Calgary it was +3C, so the roads were pretty messy. My car is filthy and will probably have to wait until spring to get cleaned if it rains.

I always end up getting a bit sleepy whenever I drive to or from Calgary/Cranbrook, so this time I decided to do something about it and buy an energy drink. I haven't really drank and energy drinks before except once I had a Red Bull Sugar Free which was gross. The Gold Creek Store doesn't have much selection, so I ended up going with a Monster drink. It was also gross! I've come to the conclusion that energy drinks suck. Take a nap if you are able.

I also came back sicker than when I left. My cold was getting better and then on Friday night I started to feel worse. I think I caught someone else's cold and it sucks. It couldn't been anyone like my dad, brother, Avery, Logan or even Cam because they all had colds. Come to think of it I was fine until I saw Cam on Friday and then later night I started feeling worse. Thanks a lot Cam!

I'm back and unpacked and totally not looking forward to working on Sunday. I gotta work at 7am too, so I'm going to bed super early. Since it's a stat day this week that means I can only work 29 hours. I guess the unions are good for something! I just better get three days off!

That's all I got for now. I'll post a musical update about my cousins next.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It must have been Cam because you didn't even eat at arby's..

the best part of the whole drive home was seeing a guy who had gone backwards completely off the road into the ditch trying to dig his whole car out with the ice scraper..