Monday, September 21, 2009

Recap

Oh yeah, I'm back in Calgary now. Got back on Sunday afternoon and littler later than I planned because hwy 22 was closed! I had to go the long way, but it didn't bother me that much. I've never actually driven the other way before, I've always gone on 22. It was actually nice because it all new to me and it didn't seem that much longer. I had new stuff to look at!

Cranbrook was okay, the same as always. I was also at good old Wal-Mart and ran into Flemming. Apparently, Kristian and Michelle are having a baby any day now! What took you guys so long? Kristian is already on his 9 month paternity leave.

On Saturday me and my dad took Logan and Avery to the fish hatchery. I haven't been there forever and wanted to check it out and see this new kid's fish pond they put in.

Say what?! Oh well, we checked it out anyway(take that grizzlies!). It was small, but pretty nice. A little bridge over a creek going in on end, some picnic tables on one side and benches on the other. In the middle of the pond there is a floating log that already has like four bobbers stuck on it. It has some decent sized trout in it, but it is for catch and release only. No barbed hooks!


Back at the hatchery moat it was full of the usual huge trout. My dad brought bread and Logan was feeding it to them. But...

And I was wondering why there were chicken bones in there. They tell you that, but then don't supply the proper fish feed for you. I remember they used have a dispenser there at one time. You put in 25 cents and got a handful of pellets. We ended up going down by the fish pond where the grass is drier and caught some grasshoppers and tossed them in.

Inside the hatchery and out in the courtyard there wasn't much before and there still isn't much, but they've put in a turtle pond. It's not that big, but I spotted four larger turtles and one little guy. It was neato.


It was pretty quiet out there as the"busy" season is over, so no more hatchery tours until next spring. I'd like to go back and go on a tour. I think they last time I went on a tour of the hatchery was probably on a school trip, so it has been a while.

2 comments:

Kristian said...

Yup, we are due any day now.

I am still busy with the police dog, so even though I am on "PAT Leave" it is still busy with training. I finally got around to put cedar chips in the dog house, and now the dog will not calm down and just pulls them out and eats them! Got to love it.

I heard 22 was closed because a bunch of people were killed in a accident. The long way around isn't to bad.

Do you turn off 22 and go to Nanton? I just found that way a couple months back with another guy I was with. Seemed to cut down on the time. Probably everyone knows about that way, I am just a bit slow.

Keef said...

Better a dog eating cedar chips than shoes or bike seats. I think my brother's old dog Kamien must've eaten at least three of my old bike seats.

I figure there must've been an accident, but wasn't sure because the guys blocking off the road weren't RCMP.

I always go through Nanton to hwy 22 now. I guess it's faster??