Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Splat!

This morning/afternoon I drove back to Cranbrook where I'll be for a few days, probably until Sunday. The drive was the usual bore, but with more road construction getting in the way. I drove the south way and actually stopped once. Usually, I just drive non-stop, but this time I stopped in Fernie to check out the Bargain Shop, also known as TB!S. In additon to cheap crap The Bargain Shop now sells fireworks! I now wish Cranbrook still had a Bargain Shop. Hey Cam, they have one in Kelowna, so go buy some fireworks! But make sure to use the responsibly. If you are going to aim them at people, do not aim at their faces, aim at the torso or crotch.

On the subject of fireworks, in Coleman there is a place by the 7-11 that is a laundromat, internet cafe AND they also sell fireworks. It sounds like an odd combination, but when you think about it, but really it makes sense. People go in to do laundry and check their e-mail and stocks online and then get suckered into buying fireworks. Keep them at the front to get peoples' attention, it's an impulse buy. I've fallen for it many times.

Back to Fernie. I also stopped at the Salvation Army in Fernie. It is cooler than other Salvation Army's, but only because it's cheaper. I got two CDs and a Bart Simpson magnet for $2.25. I would've bought more, but those are they only good things they had. I tried to pay with debit, but they don't do debit under $5, so I had to go outside to my car to get some change. How dare they inconvience me?! Despite the fact that I had to walk all the out to my car and back, it was still a good deal. The CDs I got were the soundtrack for Not Another Teen Movie (I liked the movie okay!) and the self titled Misfits "best of" album put on Caroline which is totally OOP. Collector's item! I bought it for a $1 and could probably sell it for $10 easy. I'm a natural born business dude.

I made it back to Cranbrook and unpacked the car. Julie, Matt, and the kids came up for dinner and that was it. I'm not sure what else I'll be up to while I'm here, but if anything exciting happens I'll let you know. I read in the Townsman that there is a garage sale at the Eagles Hall, so I think I'll check that out. Also, for once I did not notice any typos in the Townsman. Good job guys! Anyway, I'm going to shoot off some fireworks. Later!

No comments: