Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Swaggy

Sorry for the lack of posts lately, but having company around has been getting in the way. Last Friday Todd was in town and ended up staying at our place. Normally, we're not used to having anyone over at our place, but with Murray, Eunice and now Todd we were running out of space and blankets. I felt kinda bad for Todd because he had to sleep on the floor with only some crappy camping foamy for padding and I ran out of pillows so he had to use some plushy Spider-Man thing. Todd stayed Friday and Saturday nights and Murray and Eunice headed back to Taiwan on Sunday morning, so the place is nice and quiet now. Now I can go back to dancing around the house in my boxers to Katy Perry.

Last week I bought a Huevos Rancheros 7" record off eBay and it turns out I bought it from the Mintmall which is the Mint Records eBay store. Mint Records is a record label in Vancouver who rose to fame with The Smugglers and Cub back in the 90's. Anyway, I got my record (red vinyl!) which came in a huge package. Props to the guy who sends the stuff as it was wrapped in cardboard like four times and then put in a bubble envelope. When I opened the package I found a ton of free swag.


Yes! I got four stickers, three buttons, a CD sampler, a Mint "Hooray for bears" patch and a pair of Mint Records sunglasses. Getting cool free stuff unexpectedly is always awesome. My order wasn't even that much $5 record + $3 shipping plus all the bonus goodies. I bet the shipping had to be more than $3 especially knowing Canada Post prices, plus I had it in like three days. I'm bidding on another Mintmall auction for a Riff Randells 7". I had bid on another copy previously, but lost that auction at the last minute to some jerk. Hopefully, I'll win this one and some more free swag. If I get enough free swag then that will help with some of my Christmas shopping.

Finally, tonight I watched a movie called The Tournament. I had never heard of it until reading about it last week and then seeing some ads on TV for the DVD/Blu Ray release. It's basically a shoot 'em up/blow 'em up that has assassins killing each other for title of number one while rich jerks watch on CCTV and bet on the proceedings. Not the most original script, but I wasn't watching for the story or acting. For some reason this went straight to DVD while much worse action flicks get released in theaters. How can you not like a movie where not one, but four bodies get blown up?! The effects are practical and not CG, so when a body is blowed up and blood is being sprayed around it's all "real" and not cheesy CGI. And Kelly Hu is in it, so check it out y'all!

No comments: