Tuesday, November 3, 2009

New release Tuesday

If it's Tuesday that means it's time for new movies and CDs! For music November 3rd is the release date for Nirvana's remastered Bleach and Live at Reading. I went to HMV and got Bleach for $12.99. It comes in a digipack that folds opens up with the 56 page book in a slip cover in the middle and the CD slipped in on the right hand side. The book is pretty much all pictures, some I've seen and some I haven't. The book does throw in some cool stuff like a copy of Nirvana's Sub Pop contract. Getting the book in and out of the sleeve takes some finesse which I lack as the corner of my book already has crinkle in it. As for the music I haven't really listened my old copy of Bleach in a long time, so I'm not sure if the remastering makes it sound any better or not. The live stuff does sound pretty good, but biggest complaint is that the put the album and the live recording on the same disc. That sucks because they should've been on separate discs.

Also, today Live at Reading came out on CD, DVD, and a CD/DVD combo pack. HMV had the CD for $14.99 and a slot for the CD/DVD($24.99 I think) pack, but it was empty. I was planning on getting it anyway, but All Music gave it a 5 out of 5 which means I'll probably get it sooner than later.

After the horrible Red Album, Weezer is back with their new album and even though I hated the Red Album they've got me interested because the new one has cool name, Raditude. Again All Music rated it favorably saying it is more like old Blue Album Weezer. I haven't gotten this yet, but I probably will. I like Weezer and will give Rivers another chance, so he better not let me know. There is also a regular edition and a special edition with bonus disc and tracks.


Today G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra is out on home video as well as the animated G.I. Resolute. Resolute originally aired online in short 5 minute segments and then later aired on TV as single program. Luckily, it has nothing to do with the live action movie and is sorta based on the original cartoon. It was done more for the fans and by fans I mean old guys who used to play with the toys and watch the cartoons. In Resolute people die, good and bad. It's a pretty good story with lots of action and the Snake Eyes vs Stormshadow fight is way better than what passed for a fight in Rise of Cobra. It's animated in an anime style and looks pretty good, but why wasn't it released in HD?? Anyway, try and see this or rent it or steal it (okay no stealing) because if you're a Joe fan then you'll love this.

No comments: