Wednesday, November 25, 2009

CRUNK!!!

Sorry, but this is another post about some stuff I bought at Giant Tiger. GT is the go to place when I need something to write about. The fun thing about cheap department stores like Giant Tiger is that they carry the weird brands you've never heard of and the real department stores wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole.

Last time I was back in Cranbrook I was in at GT buying some actual brand name orange juice in the form of Minute Maid. Behind the cashiers they had some drink coolers and one cooler was stocked with energy drinks. As I was leaving I walked by and saw a drink that had a name so cool that jumped right out a me and I knew I had to have it. Energy drinks are full of sugar, so there is no way I'd be able to drink it, but as I walked past the cooler I saw that they did indeed carry sugar free CRUNK!!! When I met up with Willie the next day I dragged his ass over to GT so I could buy this.


I bought it totally for the name alone because is sounds so damn cool. Then again you know it is "fo' reals" because it has not one, not two, but three exclamation points on the can. Three exclamation points = street cred yo! Mad props to the marketing department because it totally worked. Don't let the hip name fool you because it also has mad science y'all! CRUNK!!! contains ashwaganda, ginseng, guarana, skull cap, white willow and epimedium* that all work to invigorate, energize, replenish, stimulate, refresh and arouse.


I bought a can for myself of the sugar free stuff(with pomegranate juice) and a can of citrus for Cody. Yeah, it sounded cool, but I was a bit hesitant to actually drink it. Cody drank his and suffered no ill effects, he said his tasted fine, but mine still sat in the fridge for weeks. I had to work at 5am one day and when I got home from work at 2pm I was tired, but had to go back out to run some errands. I figured it was finally time to crack this baby open and give it a try. It was actually not too bad, it tasted better than Red Bull which is what I drank for breakfast at 8am.


That is me gettin' my CRUNK!!! on. With a cool name like CRUNK!!! you can play it with lots of ways like, "That stuff will CRUNK!!! you up!" and "Hey, baby let's CRUNK!!!", the possibilities are endless. If you see this give it a try just for the novelty of it. I would drink it again, in fact I'll make sure to grab another can next time I'm back in Cranbrook. I'm CRUNK!!!ing!




*Epimedium aka horny goat weed aka rowdy lamb herb aka fairy wings, or as you and I know Ying Yang Huo, is a herb that can act as an aphrodisiac.

4 comments:

mike said...

plus if you run out of gas on the way back from cranbook you can run your car on CRUNK!

did Willie buy any? or is he too GQ for horny goat weed?

Keef said...

Willie is too upper crust for Giant Tiger. I was surprised I actually got him to go inside.

Cam said...

Those bandana pics fill me with a strange combination of laughter and terror. The crazy-eyes one will be in my nightmares...

Also, I remember when Conan used the work 'crunk' on his show as a swear to get around censors way back in the day.

Keef said...

Good to know Cam because that's EXACTLY what I was going for.