Thursday, December 24, 2009

X-mas Eve

Twas the night before X-mas and I was totally bored, so I wrote this blog. As luck would have it Cody and I had the same days off for X-mas, so we carpooled on the drive. Cody drove, so I had nothing to do but stare out the window or look at this the entire drive back.

Roads were okay except through the the Crowsnest Pass and traffic wasn't that bad except through the Crossnest Pass. There was a semi with a huge line of cars behind it, but luckily we were near the front of the line and passed him just after Sparwood and it was smooth sailing from there. We actually got back on Wednesday and will be heading back to Calgary on Sunday.
Remember back when I did my Crave post and said it was too far to get to? As luck would have it they just opened up a new one WAY up 17th Ave that takes like 10 minutes to drive to. I didn't even think there was anything up there, but was surprised by the amount of houses up there. I can remember when that was nothing but fields and I'm not even from around there. I bought a dozen of the mini cupcakes and put them in my freezer so I could take them back to Cranbrook. After dinner tonight we had them and I let Avery pick out his cupcake, he chose the pink one. He took one taste of the icing and said, "This one's my favorite!" Of course all he did eat was the icing and when he was done he wanted another one. He wouldn't eat the actual cupcake part and I don't know why because it was chocolate. What is wrong with kids today?!
Anyway, I'm off and to everyone out there have a very merry X-mas and all that jazz!

No comments: