Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Tis the season.

On Tuesday I had the day off and decided to actually get some stuff done. I started by organizing the basement and taking in a bunch of recycling. I filled up my car and had to leave two boxes because I didn't have the space. After getting all that done, I checked the calendar and it turned out to be December 1st. Time to put up the X-mas decorations!


My Mighty Morphin Power Rangers X-mas stocking which set me back a whole 50 cents from the Hospital Auxiliary. It's morphinomenal!! How the hell do you spell that?!


May the X-mas be with you! Star Wars holiday themed figures I bought at Liquidation World, or as it is now called LW. They just want to sound hipper that way. These guys totally broke my budget at $7.98 for a package of three. The Vader, Stormtrooper pack also came with Boba Fett. I also have a Chewbacca with X-mas tree, Han with wreath gun and a C-3PO with Santa hat. I took a picture of the other guys, but it looked crappy so I'm not putting it up. Deal with it.

The figures are not specially made X-mas versions, but just dressed up regular versions. The Han and Stormtrooper just have a wreath fitted over their blasters as does Boba Fett except it's lights wrapped around his blaster. Vader just has a Santa hat and the candy cane is just a sheath over top of his regular lightsaber. That is nice because you can easily take any of that crap off, for the other 11 months of the year. Chewie is the only one that is a little different because he lost his bowcaster totally and replaced it with a X-mas tree. He would look weird without something in his hand.

We don't have a tree. I was hoping to find some little crappy elementary school craft project tree at the thrift store, but I haven't had any luck. A few years ago I bought one that was a sparkly green and read pine cone glued in a ice cream cone and was the coolest thing ever! Then I knocked it over and it broke, then I was sad.


The holiday themed sugar cookies from Lofthouse are out now! These cookies are so incredibly good I would punch an old lady in the face just for a bite. They also come with green icing and can be found at your local Safeway.

No comments: