Thursday, January 7, 2010

Bunch a stuff

Sorry for the lack of updates, I've been meaning to write something for a few days now, so here you go. It's basically a bunch of unrelated crap crammed into one post, so prepare to be confused.


Nachos! When me and Cody drove back from Calgary to Cranbrook we took the "long" way via Fort McCloud and when we went through Claresholm I noticed an El Molino sign outside a building. I'm sure you guys have heard of El Molino who make nachos and stuff, but I never thought they were Canadian let alone have their world headquarters in Claresholm, Alberta. I know of the brand, but never bothered to actually look for it ever and when I did it's not that easy to find. I did find some at Co-op and they were in the deli for reason and not the chip will all the other nachos. They were okay, but I got the "low in salt" ones and salt makes everything taste awesome and they needed salt. Check out the poorly made official website for tons of authentic Mexican recipes too.

Rob Schneider! You haven't heard anything from that guy in a while I bet. I found his movie Big Stan in the bargain DVD bin at work. Schneider plays a sleazy real estate guy who gets sentenced to three years in prison for fraud. He hires a scummy lawyer who gets his sentence postponed for six months. Scared he'll raped in prison he gets "The Master" played by David Carradine to teach him martial arts for self defense. Once he does go to prison he beats up all the toughest guys, so everyone is scared of him. Of course all the inmates aren't as bad as they seem and the warden is really a bad guy up to no good. This movie made "headlines" a few years ago due to Schneider having to be hospitalized during filming. He had heat exhaustion and had to be taken to the hospital or something. Big deal. The movie was okay, it had some pretty funny parts in it and Rob Schneider actually does a bunch of his own fight scenes. I only paid $3 for it, so I got my money's worth. Unless you can find it for $3 or are a die hard Rob Schneider fan then just rent it. Doesn't it cost $3 just to rent? Did mention that Rob Schneider also directs it?

P! I've mentioned the Japanese band Polysics before because they totally rock and if you don't like them then you suck. I've been slacking and just found out they have a new album out called Absolute Polysics! It actually came out as a download back on September 29th, but the now the CD is out. I don't think any stores here would actually stock it, so I ordered my copy online. I did buy Polysics or Die!!! Vista from A&B Sound, but who shops at A&B anymore? Nobody, that's why they have no stock. Check out this video for the single Young OH! OH! and if you're bored watch the video for Pretty Good. It has a girl in blue tights like having a seizure or something.

No comments: