Saturday, January 23, 2010

THE MOVIE AVATAR WILL LEAVE YOU DISFIGURED!

Last Saturday Cody and me tried to go see Avatar in the IMAX, but it was sold out. Cody went and bought our tickets on Wednesday for Saturday's show and good thing he did because all of Saturday's shows sold out as well as all Sunday's shows except for the final 10:30pm screening. We got there early-ish, but not early enough because most of the seats were already taken. We ended up sitting down near the bottom on the right hand side. Before we left all I had to eat was a yogurt cup and nothing to drink and I didn't get any food when I got there. The movie was almost three hours long and I didn't want to have to get up and go the bathroom during the movie. Unlike some stupid kid who got up like every 30 minutes.

As far as the movie goes, it was alright. It was LOTS of CGI, probably like 97% CGI and 3% "real" actors and stuff. Lots of pretty stuff. The 3D was okay too, it looked pretty good, but some scenes with stuff moving around real fast was headache inducing. Way better than anything you can experience in 3D in your home. I'm wondering how this will translate to home video when it come out. The story was pretty predictable, but the movie is being marketed around the effects and 3D, so I guess story isn't that important? A guy at work told me it was like Pocahontas and I was like, "You watched Pocahontas?" I'd probably rather watch Avatar because there is no singing in it.

I wore my regular glasses and so I had to slip the IMAX 3D glasses over them and by the end of the movie, my nose bridge was killing me. On the way home we stopped at Giant Homestyle (aka Joey's Hamburgers) and when I used the bathroom I looked in the mirror and I had two swollen red lumps on my nose from the damn IMAX glasses. In fact, the movie ended over five hours ago and I still have red bumps on the side of my nose. My nose is big enough I don't need some crappy IMAX glasses making it any worse.

Despite being horribly disfigured I eased my pain with some Giant Homestyle. We haven't eaten there for a long time, so I wasn't sure what to expect. They have different varieties of burgers now like a prime rib burger, chili burger, pulled pork burger and Korean bulgogi burger. I got the prime rib burger and it was pretty good. They also switched to a larger cut of fry which are also pretty good. Prices have gone up and they do have bible scripture on the tray liners, so that's not too cool. I would like to try a couple of the other new burgers so I'll probably won't take so long going back.

Avatar was pretty good, so check it out if you can. I guess I can consider myself luck that I only have a couple of bumps on my nose and didn't end up like this guy.

No comments: