Friday, February 19, 2010

The story so far...

Actually, this story takes place last weekend. I was going to write a post on Monday, but just got lazy. So last Saturday I did pretty much nothing, but later that night in celebration of Valentine's Day I watched the 2001 "slasher" flick Valentine. It sucked. I had wanted to watch it ever since it was released just for Buffy/Angel's David Boreanaz and to see Denise Richards get killed. It was directed by the same guy who did Urban Legend which wasn't bad, but he screwed this one up. It's not scary, there is no build up to the death scenes and the deaths themselves are so boring. Getting an axe in the back is far from original. If you wanted to see this one, then skip it.

Sunday was Valentine's Day/Chinese New Year and what better way to celebrate it then killing stuff. Army of Two: The 40th Day finally came down in price, so I picked it up. It's a better game than the original in all aspects. One frustrating thing about the first one was the hit detection where you could empty a clip into a guy and not drop him, but now you actually hit what you aim at. You can also make positive and negative morality choices like one scene this little kid is helping out through a blown up hospital and you come under enemy fire. You can either tell the kid to stay in cover or ask him to run out and grab a sniper rifle for you. Cody told him to run out and grab the gun which he did and then started jumping up and down and then he got smoked. Sorry kid. That turned out to be an extremely negative morality choice. You can also save hostages if you feel like it. We went the "bad" route and chose negative morality choices for the entire game. Like what did those guys ever do for us?

Monday in Alberta was Family Day, so it was a civic holiday. Cody wanted to go eat pancakes and somebody told him The Belmont in Marda Loop makes good pancakes, so off we went. We drove there only to find a line going outside the door onto the street. The Belmont is some kinda hipster type place so it was packed. Cody then drove back to Westhills to the Humpty's there which also had a huge a line up. With one last chance at pancakes he drove all the way over to C.O.P. to a Denny's which was also packed. I guess being a holiday everybody wants to go eat out. We ended up eating Wendy's and it was totally disappointing. Next time I'll just get the Eggo style pancakes that go in the toaster.

It's a rarity that I ever get two days off in a row and usually those two days are never on a weekend. Turns out I asked for those days off because I have BIG plans. Big plans for me is going to the flea market. I'll let you know if I find anything good and I'll try not to wait until next weekend to do it.

No comments: