Tuesday, July 24, 2012

A bunch of stuff!

I've got a few posts of stupid stuff that wouldn't be too interesting on their own.  Instead of having some short posts I'll just cram them all together in one big weird rambling confusing post, so it's pretty much business as usual around here.

First up, I will going back to Cranbrook from August 12 - 21.  My parents are also on vacation during that time, so it seemed like the perfect time to go back.  Or so I thought!  When I talked to my mom she said the Bob Dylan concert is the night of the 12th and from the 13th to the 15th they will be going to Osoyoos.  I guess I'm be going to back to Cranbrook to hang out with myself for the first few days.  Me and Willie can go hang out with the elephant or something.


I downloaded Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD which is a fancy update of an all time classic.  It's takes the best levels from THPS 1 and 2 and gives them a shiny HD upgrade.  It's not exactly like the original as they changed some skaters and the biggest no-no is they messed with the soundtrack.  It does keep some of the original skaters and music, so all is not lost.  It's pretty much the same game you remember it was, but with blood! 

One thing has changed and that is the fact that I bail...A LOT!  I absolutely suck at this game and luckily it's a downloadable title or else I'd be snapping the disc in half out of frustration.  I used to be so-so at it, but now I can't really play it.  The good thing is that you only need 4 objectives to unlock the next level.  I find I just skate around in free skate and do stuff because I just end up hating myself playing career.  Looks I like I won't be getting achievements out of this one.  You can even play as your avatar, so it's actually me up there falling and failing miserably, just like in real life. 


I got some new Vans slip-ons because tying up shoe laces is for chumps.  Also, I don't want my Johnny Ramone Vans to get any more worn out.  I really wanted a pair of checkered slip-ons, but I only went to two stores and this was the only pair the had.  At least they were black, so I got them.  I wore them today without socks and when I took them off the liner almost came out with my foot.  These must the cheapie Vans that the crap stores like Sport Mart get which is where I got mine.  The hipper mall shoe stores get the good Vans and get to charge twice as much.  I'm scared to go the mall.

If read about the HalfLife 2 Booth and thought it was awesome and downloaded it then you are in luck because it's just been updating with a bunch of new weapons.  Now you can pretend to run around with the pistol, magnum, crossbow, smg and rpg.  Just remember to treat every gun as if it were loaded and that goes for virtual guns too.


And lastly I was at good old Cash Converters where I picked up Pee-Wee's Playhouse: The Complete Collection on DVD still sealed for $20.  I hope that's a good deal.  It contains all the TV episodes plus the Christmas special.  Too bad I'll have to wait until Christmas to watch the special, but I can get started on the other 45 episodes in the meantime.  I'll take with me back to Cranbrook and have Logan and Avery watch it.  I've been meaning to buy them Pee-Wee's Big Adventure for a while.  As their uncle it is my duty to educate them on the classics.

No comments: