Saturday, July 7, 2012

Scanners

If you look in any magazines, newspapers or store flyers now you'll see lots of QR codes scattered around.  When scanned with your phone the QR code will usually take you to a website, but QR codes can also be used to encode phone numbers, GPS locations, e-mail addresses or just plain text.  I finally got around to installing a free QR code reader on my phone called QR Droid.  I haven't actually used it to scan any codes, but the thing I like about it is that you can create your own QR codes with it.

 

Here is a QR code that I made that is a link to my blog here.  Of course you are already here, so you already know the URL and don't need to scan the code, but do it anyway!  Feel free to download it, make some posters and stickers of it, put it on a t-shirt and get it tattooed on your arm.  You love it THAT much here.
 

No comments: