Wednesday, November 12, 2014

80's crap

Just like I promised, here is the crappy picture!


Those are bags of M.U.S.L.E.s from a box down in the basement.  The small bag are the original guys I've picked up at flea markets and thrift stores.  They are scuffed up and some even have custom paint jobs.  I still bought them because you don't see them very often.

The giant bag is the newer Ultimate Muscle figures which are toys brought over the new cartoon that was on Fox Kids.  I forced Cam to watch it once .  The first episode is pretty classic, you don't even need to watch any more episodes after that, it peaked pretty quick.  As for the figures I got a lot of them in a different variations, flesh, coloured, gold, silver, translucent and painted.  They even made posed versions of them performing their finishing moves.  I know you know this because I put pictures up before way back when I was on MySpace.  The best part was that I bought a lot of them from Wal-Mart for 99 cents each.  I literally had a shopping cart full of them, they must've thought I was nuts.  Then I went and sold an entire apple box worth of Ultimate Muscle figures online and made a hefty $4 profit.  I felt bad charging the guy a lot for them when I bought them so cheap.  I'm a terrible business man.  On the plus side the guy who bought them included a custom molded M.U.S.C.L.E. figure with his payment so there's that.

Even though I didn't have a lot of M.U.S.C.L.E. figures I still thought they were awesome.  I remember going to Toys and Wheels and looking at them.  I did get a few of them and the cool wrestling ring and I still have them all back in Cranbrook.  The giant hand guy was the best for the wrestling ring because he was so big you had to jam him in the holder so it was hard to knock him out.

Old stuff is cool.

No comments: