Sunday, December 28, 2014

Good news/Bad news

The bad news first...I'm out of turkey!!  The turkey didn't last quite as long as I wanted it to and now I want more.  I got my Christmas dinner out it, a turkey sandwich for lunch the next day, then dinner and I had a little bit left for breakfast the next day.  Nothing like turkey, stuffing and gravy to get you started in the morning.  I want to go cook another one of those turkey breasts like right now.

The good news is that I bought more movies!  Okay, that's not really good news, more like bad news for my wallet, but good news because they were on sale.  I got them at Best Buy and they're more 3D movies.


I hadn't originally planned on getting the new Transformers, or Trans4mers, but again it was on sale, so I grabbed it.  Also, the 3D version has the expanded IMAX 3D and since I didn't see it in IMAX, I had to see what the big deal was.  The movie switches back and forth between the theatrical aspect ratio and the IMAX aspect ratio which might sound annoying, but I didn't even notice.  I was half way through the movie before I even remembered and started paying more attention to see when it would change to IMAX.  I thought it was okay, but not great when I watched it in the theatre, but upon second viewing I liked it slightly more.  I still think Dark of the Moon was better, in fact I think I'll watch it tonight!  Explosions and destruction!!


This afternoon I went and watched another 3D movie, The Croods, that Cody got me for Christmas.  It was better than I expected and the 3D was pretty good.  I've been watching two movies per day since the 25th, so I'm on a tear.  I'll have to wait until Cody gets back to watch Hercules because he's a huge Rock/Dwayne Johnson fan.  He also got me X-Men: Days of Future Past 3D and I'm pretty sure my sister got me Guardians of the Galaxy 3D too, so I've got even more movies to watch.  That last one is still sitting in Cranbrook, I e-mailed/texted Cody about bringing my gifts back for me, but Moyie is so backwards they don't have internet or cell service, so I haven't heard back from him.  I guess I could try telegram or smoke signals.

No comments: