Tuesday, December 16, 2014

International cinema

As you guys know I watch all kinds of movies and when I say "all kinds of movies" that usually means action.  I'm not content with just Hollywood because they kinda don't cut it sometimes, so as long as there are dudes getting kicked in the head, shot up and awesome explosions I watch a movie from anyway.  That being said I got some movies in the mail today from the other side of the world.


These first two movies came from Hong Kong, but are Japanese.  Good thing about Hong Kong is all their DVDs have English subtitles.  The one on the left is actually a two Blu-ray set for Gantz and Gantz 2: Perfect Answer.  It was originally a manga, then an anime and now a live action film.  The original manga and the anime is loaded with lots of brutal violence and sexual content.  Or so I've heard.  I actually have the anime series on DVD, but haven't watched it yet.

The movie on the left is Black Butler and also based on a manga and was also an anime as well.  Fun fact, the "Butler" is played by the same guy who played Tendou Souji/KR Kabuto in Kamen Rider Kabuto.  Henshin!


There is my Black Butler blu-ray next to my other package which is from India.  It's basically a brick of Styrofoam with a DVD sandwiched in the middle.  It's good because it protects the movie, but it sucks because opening it is a bitch.  I was carefully trying to slit the side open and little bits of Styrofoam were flying everywhere and sticking to things.  They were stuck to my fingers and wouldn't get off, damn you static electricity.


After making I mess I did get my movie out which is the Hindi movie, Bang Bang!  It's from Fox Star Studios and a Bollywood remake of Knight and Day with Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz.  I wonder which one is better?  As Mike would say, "I guess there is only one way to find out."  I bet Bang Bang! has better song/dance numbers in it.

Now if I can only decide which movies to watch first.

No comments: