Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Moveez

I had been planning on going down to Chinatown for a while, but finally got around to doing it.  I never go downtown (or even outside) anymore, so I needed some fresh air.  I didn't really look around, I just went to my usual movie store and the candy store right beside it and then left.

The movie place had lots more "Hollywood" bootlegs than normal including Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2. and Fast and Furious 8.  I was kinda surprised to see those there as they are still in the theaters!  I passed on them and will just wait for the official legit releases.  I usually only pick up movies I can't get or can't find here.  Then I usually just upgrade to a legit version once it becomes available or I find one.


I picked up Hard Target 2 which can't really compare to the original as the original had more style in the opening scene that this one has in the entire movie.  It's still better than a lot of direct to video action movies though.  I remember seeing this at Wal-Mart when it was first released then it disappeared never to be restocked.  I keep looking for it though.

Boone: The Bounty Hunter starring Johnny Mundo from Lucha Underground.  Surprised to see this one as well as it was recently released, but only as a digital release.  I look forward to a physical copy coming soon.


This is a North American release, but I've never seen it in stores and by stores I mean Wal-Mart or Best Buy.  It doesn't look like something they'd stock anyway.  It's  minutes of nothing but old school kung fu trailers.  Also, a straight up rip of the official blu-ray so quality is spot on, Hard Target 2 was as well.


I did buy a couple Asian movies, but I really dropped the ball and just assumed they had English subtitles when of course they didn't!  I thought Operation Mekong would for sure.  

The other movie is a Japanese horror movie called Sadako Vs Kayako which is bascially like a Japanese version of Freddy Vs Jason.  It's pits creepy girl Sadako from Ringu(The Ring) against that other creepy girl, Kayako from Ju-On(The Grudge).  But doesn't look like I'll get to see either one.


Candies with candy inside them!  I've shown these before, I usually get some Hi-Chew, but they didn't have any exciting flavors.  Plus these guys have gummy bits inside them!

Looks like I'll be making another trip down to Chinatown very soon, but only because I need to exchange those two movies without subtitles.  More sun and exercise, I hope this doesn't become a regular thing.

No comments: