Tuesday, May 23, 2017

This stuff happened today....

This first part didn't happen today, but a little while.  I was organized the mess on my shelf into piles and found a gift card I got from my mom last year for my birthday.  It was a food gift card known as the Ultimate Dining Card.  It's good at Swiss Chalet, Harvey's, Milestones, Montana's, Kelsey's, East Side Mario's and a couple places I haven't even heard of.  I always make her take me to Swiss Chalet, so she probably bought the card because she think I eat there all the time.  I only eat there when she comes to town and pays for dinner.

Since I haven't eaten a burger forever, I decided I was going to go to Harvey's and use my giftcard.  There aren't that many Harvey's around anymore, but I know there is one off Crowchild Trail in the Brentwood Village Mall.  I haven't been since like I don't know, 15 years ago!!  Maybe more.  I drive by there all the time, but don't ever go in.  Today was finally the day I went in and got my Harvey's.  It wasn't bad, only good because I used the gift card and didn't have to pay.  I shopped at the smallest Safeway I've every seen, the aisles were only like 15 feet long.  While I was there I discovered a crazy new store!

I saw a sign on the outside that looked old and trashy and said "CD Trader".  The mall itself is tiny, and once I went in I wasn't even sure if the store existed because the sign looked so old.  I thought maybe they closed and the sign was left up.  I found it though, and while the store is more like stall it was packed pretty tight with lots of CDs, DVDs, and blu-rays.

This is both a good thing and a bad thing.  It's bad because it makes it hard to look through stuff.  The DVDs are stored standing up, so you have to flip through the cases.  It would've been a lot nicer if they were somehow stored on the sides with spines up making it easier to see what they have.  Also, if there is four people in the store, it's too crowed to look at stuff.  I gave the place a quick look, but again there were a few people in there, so I didn't get a chance to really go digging.  I'll have to make another trip and go in the morning when hopefully it is quieter.  A quarter of the store isn't even in the store, but bins outside is the mall walkway.  They do have a website, check it out HERE.

I just thought of this, but from this moment onward we will refer to East Side Mario's as Grease Side Mario's.  Classic!

No comments: