Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Limited time offer!!

It's March 5th and the biggest holiday on the Irish calendar is soon aproaching, St. Patrick's Day. What better way to celebrate it than with a Shamrock Shake from McDonald's. Yes, they're back! I don't think I've had a Shamrock Shake since I was a kid, plus not even liking McDonald's doesn't help much. I thought I read somewhere that the Shamrock Shake was just a regular vanilla shake that was colored green. This just maybe an urban legend, but when I bought one the other day from the McD's down the street I distinctly tasted mint. The shake itself wasn't anything all that special, but I guess the fact that it comes once a year and is a limited time only deal make it taste a little bit sweeter.

I was going wait until St. Patrick's Day to make this post, but as the signs in the restaurant say, it's here for a limited time only. Get yours today! If you want to make St. Paddy's Day even more green than head over to San Francisco, the unofficial St. Patrick's Day decorating headquarters. Their unwanted massive amount of all things green with clovers on them make it an ungodly green blight upon shopping malls everywhere. Seriously though, it's tacky.


I WON! I WON! I won a DVD in an online giveaway. It's for Legend of the Black Scorpion starring Zhang Ziyi from Dragon Dynasty. I actually haven't heard anything about this movie, but entered the contest anyway because even if it sucks it's not like I paid for it. Dragon Dynasty puts out pretty decent Asian DVD releases, so at least I know the quality is good. Wal-Mart actually had a bunch of DD DVDs marked down to $10 and up last time I was there and got the Shaw Bros classic King Boxer. They even had the Internal Affairs trilogy marked down too. Internal Affairs is the movie the Hollywood remade as The Departed. I went back because I wanted to get some other discs, but they were all sold out. Bummer.

No comments: