Saturday, April 5, 2008

Musique


These are a couple of my most recent additions to my music collection. Oh yes, the Vanilla Ice 12" single for Ice Ice Baby, Vanilla Ice's #1 fan Willie is so jealous. I got it from the Inner Sleeve in Marda Loop along with the Young MC CD. It only took 16 years of so for me to upgrade from my cassette copy of Stone Cold Rhymin', but I finally did it and it still sounds "fresh" after all these years. For some reason the Inner Sleeve has boxes and boxes of rap and hip hop 12" singles. Unfortunately all the boxes are placed on the floor and my poor old legs can't take the stress of crouching down for too long. I'm hoping to find some 12" House of Pain singles, but so far no such luck. I haven't found anything too exciting, but I also got the Propellerheads "360 Degrees (Oh Yeah) and Frankie Goes to Hollywood "Relax" singles.

You can also see my Fonzie Hits record I got off eBay and it's even still sealed. The cover is classic with a huge head shot of the Fonz and he's even wearing a "Sit On It" button. The back of the record even has a pop out piece, so you can prop up the record and display it. It's art! The record also has an "impressionist" track which is a collection of Fonzie sayings like Aaaaaay, Cool, Nerd, and Sit On It. That's worth the price of the album alone, but it's not like I'm going to open it or anything.

The Dickies! I had been eying this album for a while, but was at Melyodia and couldn't really find anything else to buy, so I picked it up. And I glad I did! One of the first punk bands out of LA to get signed to a major label, The Dickies kick out short super high energy goofball songs. The album was released in 1979 and the re-release by the UK label Captain Oi adds in 6 bonus tracks for even more fun. The Dickies are famous for putting out inventive covers and belting them out at warp speed. The Incredible Shrinking Dickies has two covers, one of the Banana Splits theme song and of Paranoid by Black Sabbath. Some stand out songs for me would be Eve of Destruction, Walk Like An Egg and I'm OK, You're OK. I didn't know this, but the Dickies would go on to provide the soundtrack to the cult classic film Killer Klowns From Outer Space. I know nobody is going to run out and buy it on my recommendation, but download (not that you should do that) or something. By something I mean, maybe I can burn it for you.

Oh yeah, on Tuesday I'll be heading to Cranbrook for a few days and for the drive I'll need some new music. I had read the new live CD "Alive" from Daft Punk was supposed to be pretty good, so I picked that up today. It's the new live CD, not their older live CD similarily titled "Alive 1997". All Music Guide says it's not as good (as Alive 1997), but it's harder and faster. The faster the better!

Hey, did anyone notice I changed the name of my blog? Doesn't it make sense? It's not supposed to, so don't ask. The old name still holds true, so I apologize for any spelling and/or grammar mistakes in the above post. I usually don't proof read anything I write because I'm lazy and don't care. Later!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, Alive 2007 is very good. The version of Da Funk on it is cool!