Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Movies and stuff.

I had walked down to Rainbow to buy and bag of chips and since there wasn't anything on TV I checked out what they had for rent. Nothing really interested me, but they had Cloverfield and I grabbed it because giant monsters destroying stuff is cool. There was a lot of hype about Cloverfield before and when it was released, but back then I didn't really care about it. I guess I was a bit apprehensive about the hand held POV camera work. Now it's out on DVD, so I might as well check it out. And I actually liked it! It was interesting and the POV camera actually worked, it made it seem more real. The opening party scene seemed to drag on, but I guess they had to "establish" the characters, so you care about them and cheer when they get killed. It was good to watch it on DVD, but watching it in the theater on the big screen would be headache inducing. Check it out if you haven't seen it yet.

After watching Iron Man on Saturday we went to Burger King in hopes of getting some Iron Man toys. Today we went there for lunch only find the Iron Man toys are gone! But replaced by Indiana Jones stuff! Even better! With Indy 4 coming out the merchandising barrage has begone with toys, foods, videos, and more. Burger King has the Indy Double Whopper and toys in the kids meal. I got just a Whopper Jr combo and asked for a toy, but they only had Mutt Williams motorbike and the Indiana Jones Journal. Unfortunately, I had already paid, so I had to take one of the toys, so I took the Mutt Williams one and I hate Shia LeBeouf. The coolest toy is the Indy Hip Whip which is a coiled up bull whip that has a clip on it, so you can clip in on the side of your pants so it looks like you are wearing the bull whip. Sweet! I will keep trying even if it kills me and it probably will. Heart attack! Cody got the Indy Double Whopper and he says it is okay. Check out the BK Indy website: http://www.bk.com/indianajones/

I actually picked these up the other week, but have been waiting to write about them, so now here you go. Finally, some Indy toys!


These guys can be found at your local Toys'R'Us or Wal-Mart and they have action figures, 12" figures, vehicles, and Lego sets. There are a couple different Indy figures, some German soliders, Marion Ravenwood, Belloq, Sallah and a bunch of figures from the new movie. They all look pretty good except for the Indiana Jones figures which don't even look like Harrison Ford at all. Still I bought the Indiana Jones with golden idol from Raiders. The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull figure is pretty much the exact same they just gave Indy some grey hair and switched out the idol for the crystal skull.



They also had Adventures Heroes which are Indy figures all super deformed and cutesy for the little kids. I got the Indy with Cairo Swordsmen, Indy comes with a big cartoony gun so he can blow the Swordsmen away.

With all the toys Hasbro still has a way to get even more money out of the collector's pockets. They have special exclusive figures in 2", 3.75" and 12" sizes. Of course the only way to get them is to collect proof of purchases and then pay some shipping fees in order to get some "free" exclusive figure. What a deal. I wish I could get them all! Check out the Hasbro Indy website for all the good, http://hasbro.com/indianajones/ The Sound FX Whip is cool.

No comments: